Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

1000 Sons Warp Talons

One of the areas the Thousand Sons have been weakest in for a long time is close assault or close combat punch. When looking at continuing my army, I wanted to be able to address this deficiency and two choices were possible. One was the Maulerfiend, the other the Warp Talons.
I thought it highly plausible that some of the Raptors from the Thousand Sons who survived the Space Wolves assault on Prospero would have looked to deamonic alliances on the Planet of the Sorcerors to augment or protect their power. Eventually they would evolve into Warp Talons, surviving Ahriman's rubric by nature of their pact.
When I went to paint these models, I stuck to the Thousand Sons pallet, using Kantor Blue and Altdorf Guard Blue as the blue, and Dwarf Bronze, Gehenna's Gold and Burnished Gold for the gold colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment