Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Grey Knight Command Squad

One of the units on my Grey Knights bucket list has been a command squad. For one thing, I wanted to have more terminators in the force, for another, I like the uniqueness that a command squad can bring to an otherwise monotone army.
I opted for a simple pallet when it came to the company standard, keeping it red and white and possibly evoking a Knights Templar type feel. The Red was done using Khorne Red, Wazdakka Red and a highlight of Troll Slayer Orange. The white is a layer of Ceramite white, and then another layer of White Scar.
The Nemesis weapons were painted using layers of Thunderhawk Blue and Lothern Blue. The main silver was done with a layer of Leadbelcher, a wash of Asurmen Blue and then a coat of Chainmail. Notice I am still hanging on to some old GW paints, however, as they get used up I will switch to the new GW paint closest.

No comments:

Post a Comment