Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Limited Edition Space Marine Captain


I must be on a 7th Company kick right now, as I have painted my centurions and the last two company captains as 7th Company.  This model is the limited edition one offered by Games Workshop in May.  While the pose is interesting, I am not a huge fan of the equipment.  Still, it is a  nice sculpt.


I used my normal painting color pallet for this model, so for the blue is Kantor Blue, Altdorf Guard Blue then a highlight of Calgar Blue.  The silver is Leadbelcher, Argax Earthshade, then Ironbreaker.  The gold is Hashut Copper, Argax Earthshade, Gehenna's Gold and then Burnished Gold (I use so little I will have this paint pot for a long time).  The red is Khorne Red, Wazdakka Red and then Troll Slayer Orange.  The green is Warpstone Green, Loren Forest and Moot Green.  I use Stirland Mud for the base, with layers of Skag Brown and Tallarn Sand.


The model is sealed with Testor's Dullcote, and the I applied the Ultramarine decal and sealed it a second time.  While I seem to have overlooked it, a Micron pen will let you print nice lettering on any scrolls on the model.  Looks like I will be going back to finish up.


No comments:

Post a Comment