Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mantis Warriors Vanguard Marines



When i first got this vanguard squad boxed set, I really wasn't sure what army I was going to build these models for, or how I wanted to use them.  I eventually decided on the Mantis Warriors, just because I enjoyed painting them before, despite how annoying their chapter insignia is to free hand.



I have a somewhat predictable mix when i do build the Vanguard squads, I like to have two Storm Shields, and at least one plasma pistol.  With the new codex, I've added a grav pistol as well, just for the novelty of it.  I also like to have one thunder hammer, and one relic blade, with the other weapons being power weapons.  This time I chose to add in a pair of lightning claws as well.  While it's not an overwhelming mix, I think it provides a nice mix that isn't high points on a unit that can be pretty heavy in points already.


The biggest problem I had with these Mantis Warriors was replicating the green that i used on previous models.  In the end, I chose to use layers of Caliban Green, Warpstone Green, Warboss Green and Moot Green.  This ended up with a brighter look for the models, but I actually like it better.


No comments:

Post a Comment