Shelfari Shelf

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

First Game of 7th Edition


I got to play my first game of Warhammer 40,000 7th edition the other day.  For this game I chose to take A terminator captain with power fist and combi-plasma, a terminator squad with a cyclone missile launcher, a terminator squad with an assault cannon, a lightning claw terminator squad and a thunder hammer and storm shield terminator squad, a terminator librarian, a land raider, land raider crusader and a knight paladin.  My opponent had a sisters army with Saint Celestine, Cannoness, Inquisitor with rad grenades and psychotropic grenades, 2 exorcists, two immolators with multimelta, an immolator with heavy flamers, an avenger, a knight paladin, two squads of ten sisters of battle, 10 Seraphim and 5 dominions.

This was an interesting game, using one of the Maelstrom of war scenarios.  My opponent had the new objective cards and psychic power cards, which I neglected to purchase being unsure of how often I would be able to game.  So far, it looks like a good choice as I have only played this game.  My initial impression revolved more around the wackiness of Lord of War choices more than anything, as when both of our Knight titans exploded in titanic proportions, large swathes of the board were emptied, especially my opponents newly arrived Seraphim squad.

I found that focusing on the objective cards gave me a good chance at victory, in fact I had managed to cash in enough by the end that i would have won had I not been tabled.  The psychic phase was fairly ineffective as well.  My biggest take away was that Inquisitors with rad grenades and psych out grenades are ridiculous.  It was one of those moments where the old me would have known the meta and expected it.  My current rules knowledge is fairly low in terms of what the different armies offer other than Space Marines.  I've known it for a while, but I am no longer a competitive player, more a hobbyist.  Something I need to keep in mind as I continue to play games.

No comments:

Post a Comment