Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

6th Company Dreadnought



I'm closing in on the last few dreadnoughts I need to build for my Ultramarines. With this model being done, I should only have two more to go, leaving only a smattering of various tanks to build. This is the third time I have built a dread using the venerable dreadnought kit, and while I like a lot of the chassis elements of the kit, I just wish it was a lot more inclusive.



I really wanted to do a lascannon missile launcher build here, but to my surprise, I didn't actually have the missile launcher arm to use. SO I settled for a dread CCW and lascannon build. I prefer the helmet chassis to the sarcophagus plates, and have so far only used the helmets with the venerable dread kit. This is also the first time I have used the twin linked lascannon arm as well.



I went with a simple basing scheme, and stuck to my standard color palette. The only exception is that the base is painted with P3 Cryx Base and the Cryx Highlight. I thought this gave a nice aged, concrete effect rather than a gray stone or red brick look. Next time, If I don't do another Contemptor build, it will probably be a venerable build using one of the sarcophagus plate fronts. I will have to wait and see though.


No comments:

Post a Comment