Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Long Term Plans




It may seem like I am stalling, likely I am on some level, but then again this time of year is the busiest for my company, as Halloween is our Christmas in terms of sales. Suffice to say, I have little free time right now. However, I am working on a vindicator, though what normally takes me two hours to build is stretching out over two weeks right now. This has left me a lot of time to lament my lack of physical hobby activity lately, while thinking about my long term goals. I suppose there are a couple different types of gamers or hobbyists. There are those on a budget, who have to carefully plan out there exact army so they can play and have fun. There are those, like me, who want to have one of everything (hey, I only have one Chapter), and there are those who jump on the flavor/codex of the month. Okay, I'm sure there are more that those types, but lets be honest, some types of hobbyists have longer term goals than others.

My current goal is to build 1000 point armies for each of the loyalist legions. I decided that these can be first founding, or later founding armies. Which is a good reason to show off the new cover for the HH series on the BL blog. They should typify the fighting style of the legion, or at least contain a theme or unit make up that is exemplary of this. For example, my Flesh Tearers (which have grown to about 2000 points) have a Storm Raven, Librarian Dreadnought, Death Company, Sanguinary Guard and assault squads to make up their composition. My Executioners are an Imperial Fist founding, and while they are not a siege army, they do have a heavy emphasis on mid to close range fighting and were designed to be a space ship fighting scenario army.

So far I have done Flesh Tearers, Sons of Guilliman, Hawk Lords, Black Consuls (not quite finished though), Executioners and Disciples of Caliban (about half way to 1000) - representing Blood Angels, Ultramarines (twice), Raven Guard, Imperial Fists and Dark Angels respectively. Leaving the White Scars, Iron Hands, Space Wolves and Salamanders to be done. However, I can also do the Blood Ravens as they are a loyalist Thousand Sons chapter, and since I am quite partial to the Thousand Sons, I probably will. In fact my dilemma right now is whether I build the Vindicator I am working on as a Blood Ravens, Disciples of Caliban or some other chapter's tank. I'm leaning toward the Blood Ravens but still undecided. I need to figure it out soon though, as the tank should be built shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment