Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Blood Ravens Dreadnought
My final Blood Ravens unit is a dreadnought built from the Space Marine Dreadnought kit. I used bitz from a Venerable Dreadnought kit to add a bit of customization to the model, so that even though it is basically a Lascannon, Missile Launcher dreadnought, it still has a higher level of detail than the basic kit. I also used the Iron Halo, a few purity seals and one of the leg armor bitz as well.
The dreadnought was kept predominantly red, using P3 Sanguine Base, Sanguine Highlight and an extreme highlight of Khador Base. I kept the majority of the other areas silver using GW Boltgun Metal, Devlan Mud and Chainmail in respective layers. Then the engine cowling was painted Chaos Black with the Mechanicus symbol painted in the traditional half black (Chaos Black) and half white (P3 Morrow White) colors.
While this is the last Blood Ravens model I will be working on for a while, I did enjoy the army. With the exception of the two Librarians, I think it works pretty well as a balanced Codex Space Marine army. I won't be purposely revisiting any of the "finished" armies until I have a representative of the loyalist First Founding legions done, but I have a feeling I will be coming back to the Blood Ravens eventually.