Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

New Ultramarines Librarian


In prepping for the RTT I went to on April 12th, I was able to start winnowing through my current projects to see what I've posted about and what slipped by the wayside while I was working hard, and being a parent.  Quite a few of the newer acquisitions from the release of Codex: Space Marines were undocumented, so I would like to start with the Librarian.


One of the advances GW has become great at is these small sprue character kits, while I'm not a big fan of the price points, they are definitely a step up from the Finecast resin kits that existed only a few years ago.  Now if only they would take the next step and make multi part convertible kits like the Space Marine Captain.  The Grey Knights have shown how easy the kit would be to make.  Any how, the model itself is fairly easy to put together, and comes with a nice scenic base.  I also like the addition of the cherub onto the backpack, it is a nice and characterful touch.


In terms of painting, the big additions here are skin tones, I used P3 Khardic Flesh, a wash of GW Ogryn Flesh (it's old, but I use it so seldom one pot lasts a long while), and a final layer of P3 Ryn Flesh.  When I paint the eyes, I usually do so after the skin tones, touching up as I need to.  Then I use a .005 Micron pen to put in the pupils.  A more adventurous person could try different colors, but I have found they get washed out with the rest of the skin tones and the white eyes.  The Micron Pen can also be used to add faux script on any scrolls or banners, though I left them blank here.  Since he isn't quite done, I will be finishing him up as part of the next blog post which will center on how I utilize Water Slide transfers.


No comments:

Post a Comment