Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ultramarines Fellblade


This was one of the most fun projects I have worked on in a while.  For one thing, the Fellbalde was something I wanted from the moment I saw it, much like the Thunderhawk. For another, it actually came with the tank crew, so I didn't need to add any extra kits to complete it.


I kept to my standard paint style here, using Ceramite White and White Scar for the white.  I applied base coats of Kantor Blue and Leadbelcher, then a wash of Argax Earthshade.  After that, I painted a layer of Chainmail on the silver.  Then layers of Macraage Blue and an extreme highlight of Calgar Blue.   The red is made up of layers of Mephiston Red, Wild Rider Red and  Fire Dragon Bright.


The black is just a layer of Abaddon Black with a highlight of P3 Coal Black.  Finally, the Gold is layers of Hashut Copper, Gehennas Gold and Shining Gold.


 It was nice to revisit my roots again, and while I am slowly working on a Pre-Heresy Ultramarines army, I feel like I don't get to work on any where near as many Ultramarine models as I would like.


No comments:

Post a Comment