Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ultramarine Whirlwinds



One of the first 40k vehicles I ever bought was the Whirlwind. I remember thinking how cool it looked when I first saw it in the pages of White Dwarf. At the time I didn't have much money to burn on this hobby, but I was able to pick one up in college when I found a local gaming store in my area.



I have nine Whirlwinds for my Ultramarines all together. The first two are the only MKIIb Whirlwinds I own. The one with the red is the very first. It hasn't aged well, and has been repaired numerous times, but I feel obligated to keep it because of the venerable place it has in my collection. One can see the evolution of my painting style with the side by side comparison of it to the other MKIIb Whirlwind.






























No comments:

Post a Comment