Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dark Eldar Razorwing Jetfighter



When I was at one of my local GW's on Father's Day (I said local, there are four within a half to an hour of me), one of the kids there showed off his Grey Knight's dreadnought to me and my friend. He said it was his first model, and asked us our opinion. To be honest, for a first time he did a great job. We both agreed and told him so. Now, you might be thinking, what does this have to do with anything the Dark Eldar Razorwing. Probably not much. But for an admitted Space Marine fan boy to buy one, it is curious. This is my first Dark Eldar model, and right now I have minimal intentions of building an army of them. However, relating back to my earlier anecdote, it is a jet fighter, and my first models were built when I was a kid. They were aircraft, the F-18 Hornet, F111-A Stealth Fighter, F-14 Tomcat and so on. To be honest I love aircraft, some may be tread heads, but I always dreamed of being a fighter pilot as a kid. So when GW puts out aircraft models, I've gone out of my way to pick up at least one of the kits. I have three Valkyries, and so far, 1 Storm Raven. With this weekends release of the Razorwing, I felt I had to add it to the collection. Maybe one day GW will finally release that flyer expansion. Enjoy the sprue pics, it looks like a sweet kit and I can't wait to build it.

No comments:

Post a Comment