Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jokaero



I knew, from the moment I saw the Jokaero model I would have to add it to my collection. Even though my current Inquisitorial forces comprise of only the Forge World models, I thought it would be fitting to add. It's an interesting model for its simplicity as well as its aesthetic. It is definitely not a monkey with guns.



After building the model, and adding a mix of fine and coarse ballast to the base, I primed it black with Duplicolor spray primer. I then gave successive coats to the fur of P3 Sanguine Base, Sanguine Highlight, Khador Base and Khador Highlight. You could easily get the same effect with GW Scab Red, Red Gore, Blood Red and Blazing Orange. I just happen to be not so much a fan of the new paint pots, and have been replacing like colors with P3 as they dry out.



I painted the gem like areas with successive colors of Regal Blue, P3 Meridius Blue, Arcane Blue and GW Ice Blue and then added a dot of P3 Morrow White. The metallic parts are Boltgun Metal, Devlan Mud and Chainmail. The base is Scorched Brown, Bestial Brown and Snakebite Leather. This is a great model, quickly assembled and quickly painted. I can't wait to put it on the table top. Which means I need to finish up some Grey knights.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Jokaero mini as well.

    Very nice work on the fur :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I greatly enjoyed painting it.

    ReplyDelete