Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Storm of What?



As some might know, I have no real enthusiasm for Warhammer Fantasy. However, the sorcerer of Tzeentch did catch my eye. With a nice new round base, I figured it would make the perfect Herald of Tzeentch. I used a resin base that I had in my bitz box to give it a 40k battlefield feel. Otherwise it was assembled right off the sprue with no modification.



I wanted to stick to a similar palette as the other demons in my Tzeentch army, so the gold and silver were base coated with Boltgun Metal and Dwarven Bronze respectively, and then given a wash of Devlan Mud. I then gave the silver areas a coat of Chainmail, and the gold areas were given a coat of Shining Gold and then an extreme highlight of Burnished Gold.



For the blue, i did coats of Regal Blue, P3 Meridius Blue and then a final layer of Ice Blue. Finally, the eyes and cloth were painted with a layer of P3 Menoth of highlight and then a coat of Morrow White.

No comments:

Post a Comment