Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ultramarine Land Raiders

Ever since the current Land Raider kit was released, I've been a big fan. While the first wasn't as successful as I would have liked, I would like to believe I've gotten a lot better as modeler since then. So far I have fourteen, and since I've been basing my Ultramarines chapter on the 3rd ed Space Marine codex listing at the back of the book, I've got about 6 to go. Included in the fourteen are a Land Raider Helios, Land Raider Redeemer, Land Raider Prometheus, 2 Land Raider Crusaders and a MKII Land Raider. I also converted a Techmarine Land Raider using spare bitz from my Warhound titan, some modeling chain, a sentinel leg and multilaser power pack, and a leg set from a Necron Tomb Spyder. Finally, the all black Land Raider was built by my friend HuronBH at Blood and Blades. He built it using a bunch of bitz from the city fight kit, and I painted it.




Unfortunately, in my neck of the 100 Acre Woods it has been raining a ridiculous amount. This made it pretty impossible to prime during a long stretch of time. Couple that with a small bit of "spoiled baby" since I haven't been able to get a Land Raider Achilles yet, and there you go. But the Horrors are almost done, so I'll have something new next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment