Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blood Ravens Scout Squad



This installment, I continue to get my feet wet with project Blood Ravens. I kind of wanted to follow the force structure of the Blood Ravens in Dawn of War 2, while using some unit choices that add more of a Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons feel (or maybe just emphasize the psyker nature of the chapter). Therefore, i chose to build a sniper scout squad next.



In game, I always liked the Cyrus the sniper build best, so I wanted to pick up that theme. This unit is meant to infiltrate and hold objectives while harrying enemy i infantry. There is a possibility I will eventually do a Cyrus conversion using Telion (and the Telion rules) but right now I don't feel up to the task.



Once again they are all primed red with Dupicolor primer. The red is painted using P3 colors, with layers of Sanguine Base, Sanguine Highlight and Khador Base. The black is GW Chaos Black with a P3 Coal black highlight. The bone is done with P3 Hammerfield Khaki, GW Devlan Mud and P3 Menoth Base.The scope was done with GW Shadow Grey and a highlight of GW Codex Grey.



I used a Micron pen for the eyes, as well as to free hand the Chapter symbol and squad number. I then used Chaos black to fill in the symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment