Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Finished Javelin Jetbike



Keeping to the Pre-Heresy theme for this jet bike, I ended up using the chest plate and helmet from the Death Company boxed set. I also used the reinforced shoulder pad from the tactical squad boxed set. Then I filed down the rims on the Ultramarine shoulder pad to complete the build.



This model painted up pretty easily. I gave it base coats of Regal Blue, P3 Hammerfeld Khaki and GW Boltgun. Then I washed the metallic and khaki in Devlan Mud. Next I applied Chainmail and P3 Menoth Base to the model. Then I painted the blue with Ultramarine Blue. Then I added a layer of 50:50 Ultramarines Blue and Ice Blue. Finally I gave the model a highlight of Ice Blue.



Ultimately, I liked this model, and will probably add another two and the attack bike version when it is released. My only concern would be for those trying to make the scout bike variant. For one thing, which variant is which isn't really labeled. For another, you would have to spend another $15 or so dollars just to have a rider. Unless you were lucky enough to find someone who had a rider for trade or sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment