Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Death Spectre's Captain

Ever since I saw the entry in the Space Marine Codex, I have considered building an army representing this chapter. The only thing holding me back, the chapter symbol looked like a pain to free hand. Then Games Workshop decides to release a water slide transfer sheet for them. As a hedge against me building a force for that chapter, I picked up three of them.
Having not added a non-Ultramarines version of Sicarius anywhere yet, I decided this would be a good opportunity to do so. I was inspired by a conversion I saw on Bolter & Chainsword where some one had pretty much destroyed the model to give it a running pose. I didn't want to go this far, so I did a sword swap first off. Next I changed out the head for one from the Grey Hunters sprue that I liked for its lack of Space Wolfiness. Finally I kept Sicarius' plasma pistol and gave the model a simple backpack.
I kept the paint scheme simple, using golds on the right shoulder pad to emphasize the Captain's rank. The left shoulder pad was painted white so that I could put the Chapter Symbol there. I slit one of the transfers so that it would be partially visible on that side. The colors are layered using colors that I have done in the past. I'm still on the fence as to whether this Chapter is my next project, but it was a fun experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment