Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ork Burna Bommer

The ork fighter kit was the next choice for me to build. I built the model before I ever got the new rulebook, so I hadn't planned to do anything with it beside have it sit on my model shelf. But now, I have the opportunity to add a small ork force to augment my chaos or marine armies.
Somewhere in my model collection, I have an Ork Warboss from Black Reach painted up as a Deathskull. For that reason, I chose to paint this model as part of the same clan. Just for the weaponry it has, I built the kit as the Burna Bommer.
I always liked the look of silver metallic with Devlan Mud over top of it. however none of my armies ever really lent themselves to that dirty look. But the orks are a whole nother kettle of fish. So I gave the model a coat of Boltgun Metal, then a wash of Argax Earthshade. Then a light highlight of Chainmail.
To finish off the model, I painted the ork skin shades with P3 Gnarls Green, Wurm Green and Necrotite Green. The skull emblems were painted with a coat of Altdorf Guard Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment