Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Disciples of Caliban Iconography




Friday morning I had a bit of an epiphany in terms of my Disciples of Caliban. I've been trying to freehand the chapter symbol for a couple of weeks. However all of my attempts have been pretty disappointing. This is when I realized that this isn't the way I freehand the Ultramarines icon.




As you can see from the pic above, I basically drew a stick figure of the icon, and then painted astronomicon grey over top. Then I touched it up with dark angels green. Then painted skull white on top, following up with more dark angels green touch up.



The bigger version on the Master's back banner came out pretty good as well. Although because of his head crest, it's kind of hard to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment