Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chaos Rising

The new Dawn of War II expansion came out last Tuesday, and I was able to pick it up on Friday this week. Ever since it's been pretty hard to split my hobbying time between modelling - I've had to do a lot of that lately since I painted everything I already had built and primed - and video gaming. Chaos Rising is a great follow on to Dawn of War II. It adds a corruption track, so your marines can turn towards Chaos, or resist and stay pure in the Emperor's Light. So far it's been a hard balance, as some tasks require you to risk corruption just to accomplish them. The art and cinematics continue to be great as well. If you liked the first, most definitely pick it up. If you haven't played either before, I can't more strongly recommend them. It's great for that 40k fix when no one is around, and best of all, you can port your character info and stats from the first game into the expansion.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty cool. Does it have a full single-player campaign like the first one, only with Chaos being the main villain instead of Eldar/Orcs/Tyranids? Other than the Corruption Track, does the game bring in anything else new? I'm interested in taking a look at the expansion, but I just bought the expansion for Dragon Age, so it will probably be a little while before I'm able to get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 10 new boards, corruption track and a librarian. Also new items as well. There is a single player campaign mainly versus chaos, though the other races are present as well. I'm enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete