Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Arjac Rockfist

Arjac Rockfist is one of the coolest Space Wolf figures in the current range. As soon as I saw the model I had to have this homage to Thor. Since at some point I do want to add in some Space Wolf terminators, if for nothing else than to be able to play with the bitz, I knew it would be a worthwhile purchase.
The model is a fairly easy build, and the Finecast resin didn't have any problems. While Arjac doesn't really fit in with the Harald Deathwolf theme, I figure sometimes Logan Grimnar sends his Wolf Guard on missions to act as his observer, voice or simply as extra reinforcements for tough or critical missions.
Like the other Space Wolves, I started out with Black Duplicolor Primer. I then painted the silver with layers of GW Boltgun, Devlan Mud and Chainmail. The bone was painted with layers of P3 Hammerfeld Khaki, GW Devlan Mud and Bleached Bone. The White wolf symbol was painted with P3 Morrow White, and the grey was painted with P3 Trollhide Underbelly, and then GW Space Wolves Grey. Finally the gold was painted in layers of GW Dwarven Bronze, Devlan Mud, Shining Gold and Burnished Gold while the brown was layers of Scorched Brown, Bestial Brown and Snakebite Leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment