Shelfari Shelf

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Eye of Vengeance

I find that I get a lot accomplished when i am listening to the Black Library's audio dramas. I was able to finally put a half squad of Iron Hands to rest while listening to Graham McNiell's Eye of Vengeance the other night. I really enjoyed this story for two reasons, the first is that it is about Ultramarines. That always is a plus in my book. The second is that it picks up the disparate threads of the Chapters Due and builds upon them without giving anything away from the larger novel. It is set during the invasion of Quintarn and is the story of Telion and his scout's part in the war. My only qualm with this audio drama, is that the voice used for Telion sounds like Cary Elwys, and I spent the whole time wondering if the Dread Pirate Roberts was going to duel the Chaos Warlord to the pain. For me the voice just didn't work and that did detract from the overall enjoyment of the story. In all seriousness, I enjoyed this audio drama. It is definitely worth picking up for a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment