Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Black Consul's Land Speeder Storm

When I decided that the Land Speeder Storm would be the last unit I build for the black Consuls, I knew I wanted to re-purpose the scouts for use as a squad in another project. To that end, I decided to use the assault cannon from the regular Land Speeder and mounted it on the bottom of the Storm's chassis.I also omitted the four rear riders, as well as the gunner from the model.
I started out priming the model black,d then painted the silver and bone areas. The silver was painted with layers of GW Boltgun, Devlan Mud and Chainmail, while the bone was painted with layers of the new GW Ushabti Bone, Devlan Mud and Screaming Skull. The cloth on the scout was done with just a layer of old GW Shadow Grey. The red was done with new GW Mephiston Red, Evil Sunz Scarlet and Wild Rider Red. Finally the black was done with layers of new GW Abaddon Black, P3 Coal Black and old GW Codex Grey.
I used a .005 Micron pen to free hand the numbers and Black Consul's insignia. Then I painted them with layers of new GW Ceramite White and White Scar. Finally, I glued the flying base and post together using canopy glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment