Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reaver Titan



I picked up the Reaver titan way back when it was first released. I prepaid for it at Gamesday Baltimore. I know, I know, I'm a sucker, as the dollars to pounds ratio dropped drastically for a time shortly after. Well, my need for instant gratification paid off, as I got the model in early September as opposed to late December when Forgeworld was promising.



As an Ultramarine player, I wanted the Reaver to be part of Legio Praetor, the titan legion that aided the Ultramarines during the Battle of Macragge. Unfortunately, there isn't any illustrations or references to their color scheme. So I chose to use a white and gold color scheme.



Each piece was soaked in warm soapy water, and then the flash was trimmed off with an Xacto knife. I then primed them and assembled them in sections, allowing for easier handling while I painted the model.



I primed used both black and white primer for the model. White for the armor plates that would be primarily white, and black for the parts that would be metallic. On the white primed parts, I used an airbrush to get a smoother white coat, and then used painters tape to mark off the edging. The edges were then painted with layers of Dwarven Brass, Devlan Mud, Shining Gold and Bright Gold.



The non-armor parts of the exterior which were primed black were given layers of Boltgun Metal, Devlan Mud and Chainmail.



The interior was painted with bestial brown, snakeskin leather and vomit brown.



The red lights were painted with P3 Sanguine Base, Sanguine Highlight, Blood Red and Blazing Orange.



The greens were painted with Dark Angels Green, Snot Green, Goblin Green and Scorpion Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment