Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Age of Legend edited by Christian Dunn



Age of Legend, edited by Christian Dunn, is a compilation of short stories set in Warhammer's Time of Legends. As any one who knows me is aware, I'm not a huge fan of the Warhmammer fluff-verse. I feel like it is very boring and predictable for the most part. Which is a big part of why I usually avoid those novels. However I have been enjoying the Time of Legends novels, almost as much as I do the Horus Heresy novels. However, this compilation is definitely not for me. Most of it is low fantasy (if you aren't sure what i mean, in brief high fantasy is world changing, and epic, low fantasy is very small scale and nowhere near epic) and not very interesting to me. There is one in particular I enjoyed set in Kislev, but to give any more details would ruin the surprises within it. That being said, and knowing that i am naturally biased, this has well written stories, I thought this was an okay read. Worth it for fantasy fans, but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment