Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Iron Hands Tactical Squad



When I was envisioning an Iron Hands army (or even toying with a later founding army), I really wanted to do something that was more dreadnought and techmarine oriented. Starting with just 1000 points, I decided that the two troops choices should be minimum Tactical squads in order to be able to have as many dreadnoughts as possible.



In building the squads, I made sure each model had at least one bionic piece included. I was kind of surprised at how much this stretched my bitz, but was able to accomplish it. Four have bionic eyes, and one has a bionic arm from the Forge World character kit.



The models were painted pretty simply, with base coats of GW Boltgun Metal and P3 Hammerfeld Khaki, followed by a wash of GW Devlan Mud. Next, layers of GW Chainmail and P3 Menoth Basecoat are applied to the silver and bone areas. The black is painted with layers of GW Chaos Black, P3 Coal Black and and extreme highlight of GW Codex Grey. Finally, the white is painted with P3 Morrow White and the base was painted with layers of GW Scorched Brown, Bestial Brown and Snakebite Leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment