Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Space Wolf Lord on Thunder Wolf



Right now I am pretty torn, the new Space Wolf Thunder Wolf cavalry, the Wolf Lord on Thunder Wolf and the Fenrisian Wolves are the new hotness. However, I also want to start work on 1000 points of Iron Hands, as I got a sheet of Iron hands brass etched from Forge World as well. So I've decided to alternate between armies in order to satisfy both urges.



First off, I started with the Wolf Lord on Thunder Wolf, who I built as Harald Deathwolf. Since I first got my hands on the Space Wolf Codex, I knew I wanted to do a wolf themed codex, and Harald is definitely the Wolf Lord for that. Sadly, there are some miscasting elements on his backpack that left it pitted in some spots. I kind of treated these as battle damage and just got on with the painting.



To paint the model, I decided to base the model in P3 Ironhull Grey. The wolf was then given layers of Bane Highlight and GW Codex Grey. The Frost Blade and scaled cloak were given layers of P3 Trollblood Base, Meridius Blue and then GW Ice Blue. The Space Wolf armor was given layers of P3 Underbelly Blue and GW Space Wolf Grey. The gold is GW Dwarven Bronze, Shining Gold and Beaten Gold; and the silver is GW Boltgun Metal, Devlan Mud and Chainmail. I didn't want the Thousand Son to be blue lime my Thousand Sons army, so he was painted red, with layers of P3 Sanguine Base and Sanguine Highlight, and a repetition of the gold layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment