Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Space Wolf Fenrisian Wolves



The next unit I worked on for my Space Wolves was a unit of Fenrisian Wolves. Eventually, I plan to add Canis Wolfborn, so these guys will magically transform into a Troops choice then. These were some of the easiest models GW has turned out in a while, with only four parts to build, to for the body and two for the head.



Along with the ease of construction, these are also pretty easy models to paint as well. I started with a coat of P3 Hammerfeld Khaki on the teeth and nails, and then a coat of GW Devlan Mud followed by a layer of P3 Menoth Basecoat. Next I painted layers of P3 Khardi Flesh and Midlund Flesh on the inside of the open mouths. The eyes were painted with layers of P3 Sulfuric Yellow and then a layer of GW Golden Yellow, followed by a black dot with a Micron Pen.



The base was painted with layers of GW Scorched Brown, Bestial Brown and Snakebite leather. The wolf fur was painted with layers of P3 Cryx Bane Base, Bastion Grey, Cryx Bane Highlight and then an extreme highlight of GW Codex Grey. All told, I think it took me about an hour and a half to paint the whole unit assembly line style.

No comments:

Post a Comment