Shelfari Shelf

Monday, April 30, 2012

Iron Hands Ironclad

The first Iron Hands dreadnought I built was an Ironclad. This one is equipped with the Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon and Seismic Hammer. It also has a Heavy Flamer and Meltagun. One thing this army will lack is ranged punch, especially with bolter marines making up the Troops choices. Keeping that in mind, I added the two Hunter Killer Missiles to the Ironclad as well.
I waited to build the Ironclad until I had received a sheet of Iron Hands brass etched from Forge World. Most of the icons are too big for the Ironclad equipped as this one is, but the pieces designed for standard Space Marines fit nicely. I decided to use one of the clan symbols (the one with the three hexagons in it) and an Iron Hands symbol and that was all for this model.
This model was primed Black with Duplicolor Sandable primer. Then it was given coats of GW Boltgun and P3 Hammerfeld Khaki, followed by a wash of Devlan Mud. The Iron Hands symbols were painted with P3 Morrow White, the black areas with GW Chaos Black, followed by a layer of P3 Coal Black and an extreme highlight of GW Codex Grey. The bone a final layer of GW Bleached Bone and the silver a final coat of GW Chainmail. As a small aside, I do know that the new GW paints are out, but not being extravagant, I've chosen to run down my current supplies and then replace them.

No comments:

Post a Comment