Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Grey Knight Interceptor Squad



Ever since I first read through the Grey Knight's codex, I felt drawn to the Interceptor squad. More than any other element in the army, this is what i wanted to build my force around. I knew I would fill at least two Fast Attack choices with them, and probably the third with a Storm Raven. I also liked the fact that the Dreadknight could have one as well, which would enhance the feel of the army.



To go back to my theme of the Hunt for Delgar, I made sure to use the Plague Bearer impaled head bit for my Justicar, and to stick to a muddy base color. I used P3 Traitor Green, a wash of Baal Red, P3 Cryx Bane Basecoat, a wash of Thraka Green and a final layer of P3 Cryx Bane Highlight for all my Nurgle embellishments.



For the Grey Knights themselves, I used my normal methods for painting silver, and gold. I add some P3 reds back into my collection, so that the reds were done with layers of P3 Sanguinary Base, Sanguinary Highlight, Khador Red Base and Khador Red Highlight (the last two are essentially GW Blood Red and Blazing Orange). The Nemesis Force Weapon blades were painted with layers of Regal Blue, P3 Meredius Blue and P3 Arcane Blue.



All in all, I enjoyed painting the new Grey Knights. I kept to a minimalist execution with my builds, there are so many detailed bitz that one could easily go crazy. Watch for some GK bitz to start making appearances in my other marine armies.

2 comments:

  1. There really nice minis and you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I just finished a second squad I will be showing off soon as well.

    ReplyDelete