Shelfari Shelf

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ultramarines 9th Company



The 9th Company of the Ultramarines is probably my favorite. For one thing, it is an all devestator squad company, and sadly, I really like playing a static army that will just sit back and shoot you apart. Plus, the company banner has a big nuclear explosion depicted on it. What's not to like? Well, like the 8th company, there is a lot of work to do for this company. A couple of the squads need touching up and highlighting, and again, all of the bases need to be at least black rimmed, if not made uniform. I also have all of the rhinos for the company, just haven't had time to dig them out and photo them.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work mate - I really love those classic miniatures - looking forward to the release of the FW set in that style. It brings back memories looking through your photo bucket - I had an Ultramarines army when I first started painted in much the same colours.

    I'm enjoying looking back through your minis mate - thanks for sharing the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive feedback. This is definately my favorite part of the army, and probably the art that needs the biggest amount of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were a girl to marry you and play with your toys. Or at least, I wish we were gay. (need a BIGONORMOUS [space marines chapter-sized] sens of humor to not misinterpretated this)

    You own the best Ultramarines collection I ever seen. Bravo ! Congrats ! I'll feed my "oh shyney complex" with each of your posts.

    ReplyDelete