Shelfari Shelf

Monday, May 2, 2011

Flesh Tearers Captain



I once read someone saying "Guard armies are never finished, they just get reinforcements." I feel the same way about any army. For one thing, GW is always making new models, and more and more they have really awesome, detailed bitz. They new Grey Knights are a great example of this. I wish they had been around when I built my Ultramarines chapter. At any rate, I decided that, with the Executioners done to a 1500 point level, I would go back and add something new to my Flesh Tearers, thus the Captain I am showing off today.



I built the model using regular power armor legs, a Sanguinary guard torso, power weapon, shoulder pad and head, and a fusion pistol and back pack from the Death Company boxed set. He also has a Flesh Tearers shoulder pad. I then sculpted a cloak for him using green stuff. The base has a blend of fine and coarse ballast and a piece of brass etched from the 40k basing kit.



Finally, I painted him with a base coat of P3 Sanguinary Base, followed by P3 Sanguinary highlight, Scab Red and an extreme highlight of Blood Red. I painted the black areas with Chaos Black, P3 Coal Black and an extreme highlight of Codex Grey. The gold is Dwarven Bronze, Devlan Mud, Shining Gold, and Burnished Gold. Finally, the silver is Boltgun Metal, Devlan Mud and Chainmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment