Shelfari Shelf

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award




I would like to thank HuronBH from Blood and Blades for nominating me for a Stylish Blogger Award. It's nice to feel the love.

Here are the rules:
-- Thank and link back to the person giving you the award (see above)
-- Share seven things about yourself
-- Select 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award
-- Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award


Here are seven things about me which may or may not have been shared:

1) I have a BA in English Literature and Language. I love reading, in fact I am pretty voracious about it. I prefer Science Fiction and Fantasy, though I also read some of every genre. I try to read at least one classic out of every ten or so books I do pick up.

2)I have an almost nine month old daughter, who I have plans to groom into a stupendous modeller and 40k player. My wife may or may not be aware of this, if not, cat's out of the bag.

3)U2, Peter Gabriel, James Taylor and Bruce Hornsby are my favorite musicians. Sure they are mostly laid back music, but I was deep into metal as a kid, so I guess it balances out.

4) I have aspirations of being a fictional writer, and feel like i have a lot of great ideas, I just need to develop them better and learn to discipline myself so that i can craft my work. It's a life goal. Frank McCourt is a great inspiration there, his first book was published at 65 (or so) and became a nation wide hit thanks to Oprah. Too bad I won't be able to rely on a boost from her.

5)I love all things Ultramarines. It may be noticeable, considering I have the whole chapter and all (yes, more pics are coming as I finish up some projects on my painting table).

6)I am often in too much of a rush to get a job done, which cane lead to sloppy mistakes.

7) While I have a large library (by personal standards), I have recently realized it takes up too much space. I have decided to pick up an e-reader sometime soon to counteract this. Ironic, because I was originally against it for aesthetic reasons.

I don't really know to many bloggers out in the multiverse, but of the ones I follow, these are the ones I visit most often:

Blood and Blades
Warpstone Pile
the Dead Tau Project
Mongoose Blog
White Rabbit's Legendary Blog
Ten Inch Template
Heresy Workshop
Military of Ultramar
The Storm Bolter and Power Fist
The Bridge of Khazad-Dum

If you haven't seen any of these blogs, check them out, they are enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment